BKETC Software Engineering ManagerSeoul
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea Engineering Technology Center (BKETC) team, a division of Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T), is seeking a Software Engineering Manager in Seoul, South Korea.
This leader will spearhead a team of software engineers with a focus on avionics for current and future programs. Consequently, the ideal manager has prior management experience, strong communication skills in Korean and English and successfully worked on software development projects with joint Korean and international engineers. An understanding of avionics hardware development is a plus.
The BKETC AvionX team builds the next generation of avionics products and services across the Boeing enterprise. We work with commercial, government and proprietary customers in the development of cutting-edge technologies. This leader must be able to work with, and understand senior engineers, mentor early career engineers, communicate with upper level management, and work well with other peer managers. The successful candidate will ensure software engineering processes and procedures are being followed, provide career development coaching, drive continuous process improvement and otherwise engage in software and people development across multiple R&D projects. This leader will strive to maintain a culture of psychological safety at BKETC and live the Seek, Speak & Listen values at all levels of the organization.
Fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion (D&I) and a commitment to D&I and Boeing values of quality, safety, and integrity will be hallmarks of the BKETC Software Engineering Manager. Supporting operations at the BKETC office to achieve key corporate research and technology goals in Korea requires recognizing the intrinsic worth of all team mates, regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, status, age and background.
- Work Location : Asem Tower (Samsung-dong)
- Work Type : Hybrid (Work from home & office)
- Leading a team that will develop avionics software from customer requirements through the delivery to the internal customer.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees to create the future of flight!
- This position includes flight software and some ground software and all development program phases: concept, requirements definition, architecture, design, code, test, and deliver with service support
- Supports & executes integrated organization plans, policies and procedures.
- Acquires resources to meet organizational staffing demands, provides technical management of internal team and leads continuous process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with internal stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading technical teams such as an Integrated Project Team (IPT) lead on Software or Systems Engineering applications including software
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, electrical/electronics, aerospace, computer science, mathematics, or physics.
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing cross-functional or cross-organizational teams within engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in software development lifecycle (including Requirements Analysis, Design, Code, Integration & Test).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Korean and English
- Ability and desire to travel ~ 10% on the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- People Management (direct reports), to include making job assignments, mentoring, setting priorities, etc
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as the technical leader or manager of a software development or product deployment team for avionics flight or ground software, or related commercial or defense products such as displays or telecommunications.
- Possess knowledge of software qualification / certification in DO178C
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in flight or ground avionics hardware and software components
- Successfully worked on software development projects with joint Korean and other country engineers
- Experience in software development including: concept, requirements definition, and architecture.
- Software development management, preferably to include experience using the Agile methodology
- Ability to provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Deep personal experience as a software developer is strongly preferred
This is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing places high priority in identifying the right talent for its workforce, and in investing in its employees’ careers and development. Boeing begins its employees’ journey with a two-year fixed-term employment contract with full benefits. Following successful completion of the employment term, employees will be eligible to permanently continue their employment.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities