BR&T Software Engineering ManagerSeoul, Seoul
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing Research and Technology is hiring for a first-level Software Engineering Manager for the Boeing Research & Technology Software and Systems Engineering Team located in Seoul, South Korea. The manager will daily manage approximately 15 Korean software and systems engineers. The manager and engineers work collaboratively with globally distributed Boeing engineering teams. Consequently, the ideal manager has prior management experience, strong communication skills in Korean and English, successfully worked on software development projects with joint Korean and other country engineers, and the desire for periodic business travel internationally. An understanding of avionics hardware development is a plus.
- Leading a team that will develop avionics software from customer requirements through the delivery to the internal customer.
- This position includes AI and factory software and all development program phases: concept, requirements definition, architecture, design, code, test, and deliver with service support
- Develops and executes integrated organization plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Acquires resources for the organization’s activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading technical teams such as an Integrated Project Team (IPT) lead on Software or Systems Engineering applications including software
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as the technical leader or manager of a software development or product deployment team for avionics flight or ground software, or related commercial or defense products such as displays or telecommunications.
- Experience in software development including: design, code, test, and deliver with service support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Korean and English
- Ability and desire to travel ~ 10% on the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Possess knowledge of software qualification / certification in DO178C
- Minimum of 3 years experience in flight or ground avionics hardware and software components
- Successfully worked on software development projects with joint Korean and other country engineers
- Experience in software development including: concept, requirements definition, and architecture
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing gives additional scores to a person eligible for veterans and disabled person who applies for the job position according to the applicable laws.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More