Modelling & Simulation (M&S) Software EngineerSeoul
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Phantom Works International in Korea is Boeing’s leading advanced decision support facility. A key activity undertaken in the facility is the creation, provision and integration of technology to support various analytical processes and specific projects.
As a Modelling & Simulation (M&S) software engineer within the Phantom Works International team based in Seoul, South Korea, this role will be involved in the development of software to meet these requirements in a timely fashion. This role requires active participation in development activities ranging from requirements elicitation, design, development, documentation and testing. This position will also be involved in the integration of 3rd party software into the Analysis & Experimentation environment.
Good communications skills and the ability to work well in a small team are essential. The position is office based but may require short-term travel to customer sites and/or Boeing facilities outside Korea.
Boeing places high priority in identifying the right talent for its workforce, and in investing in its employees’ careers and development. Boeing begins its employees’ journey with a two-year fixed-term employment contract with full benefits. Following successful completion of the employment term, employees will be eligible to permanently continue their employment.
Responsibilities are as follows:
1. Technical requirements analysis and execution assurance
In order for the Phantom Works International to provide its main product of analysis to support Boeing business, it is vital that all activities have a technical requirements analysis conducted and then ensured execution of the projects to deliver success.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager this role will be called upon to ensure projects are planned with accurate estimations and within achievable technical constraints and then oversee the successful execution. This position may be asked to provide the architecture role to an experiment conducted by the Boeing team to ensure “fit for purpose” use of technology is driven by the Technical expert and not the Operations Analysts or business unit member (albeit requirements to be sourced from these parties).
2. Develop software to grow Analysis & Experimentation capabilities
Based on direction from the Facility Director, the Software Engineer is expected to participate in the development of software in accordance with the Analysis & Experimentation Centre Software Development Process. In this role the following activities could be expected to be undertaken:
- Software development planning.
- Software requirements analysis.
- Software design.
- Coding and unit testing.
- Integration testing.
Other supporting activities which may be required to be undertaken are:
- The production of documentation, technical notes and training materials.
- Software Configuration Management activities.
- Software quality activities (e.g. peer reviews, walkthroughs, maintaining a Software Development File).
- Product support, including customer liaison to expedite problem resolution.
- Liaison with 3rd parties (vendors, subcontractors, customers).
- Presentations and walkthroughs.
- Software process improvement.
- Release management.
The software under development will generally be related to one of the following areas:
- Constructive simulation.
- Data analysis and visualization.
- Information retrieval/storage applications (with relational database backend).
A strong commitment to best-practice software development is required, particularly in the areas of:
- Configuration management.
- Unit and integration testing.
- User and developer documentation.
- Object-oriented design.
3. Integrate COTS and Boeing Proprietary Tools
The Phantom Works International uses a number of 3rd party tools to support various analytical processes. It is expected that more of these tools will be acquired over time. The integration of these tools into the Analysis & Experimentation Centre environment is key to ensuring the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the facility.
The Software Engineer could be expected to participate in some of the following activities:
- Software installation.
- Software and network configuration.
- Problem diagnosis.
- Vendor liaison to ensure timely rectification of problems.
- Strong Object Oriented Design and C++ development experience (2 to 6 years experience desired, although outstanding graduates will be considered).
- Strong Synthetic Environment experience (2 to 6 years experience desired, although outstanding graduates will be considered).
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Excellent Communications skills both in English and Korean.
- Be innovative and lateral in thought, a solutions thinker.
- Unified Modelling Language (UML).
- Ability to work well in a small, highly motivated and competitive team environment.
- Ability to obtain a Defence security clearance.
- Modelling and Simulation (in particular military related including protocols such as DIS/HLA).
- Realtime software development.
- Design Patterns Experience.
- Project Management Experience.
- Analysis Software.
- Visualisation Software.
- Geographic Information Systems.
- CPU/GPU performance optimization.
- Real-Time 3D engine experience: Unreal, Unity.
- Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality HMD interface.
- Embedded Hardware interfaces: Jetson.
- Cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt.
- Simulation middleware: particularly with the MaK Technologies products VR-Link, Logger, RTI and Gateway.
- Computer Generated Forces – VR Forces, CAE ITEMS and STRIVE, EADSIM.
- Communications network simulation, particularly with the QualNet package.
- Discrete event simulation, particularly with the Extend package.
- 3D Graphics API: OpenGL, DirectX.
- 3D Content Format: VRML, X3D, OpenFlight, MultiGen.
- 3D Content Generation: Blender, 3D Studio Max.
- 3D Scene Graphs: OpenSceneGraph, Performer, Vega (Classic).
- GPU Computing API: OpenCV, OpenCL, CUDA.
- Relational Database Management Systems.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering +4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.)
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing gives additional scores to eligible candidates for job positions who are classified as veterans or persons of disability according to applicable laws.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities