Senior Software Engineer (Linux Kernel Developer/SME)Seoul
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking a high potential Linux Kernel Developer working as Senior Level Software Engineer to join our Seoul Korea AvionX team.
- Develop kernel modifications, kernel modules and hypervisor implementation.
- All software engineering lifecycle activities applied to FAA certifiable Linux OS to include: high and low level software requirements development, software architecture, software design, software development, and requirements based testing / verification for Boeing programs.
- Works with enterprise and International R&D centers in United States and other countries.
- Utilizes modern computer programming techniques and agile programming methodologies to develop software in delivered Boeing systems
- 5+ years’ experience with the software development lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, code, integration & test)
- Applicants must have demonstrated technical leadership of or within software development teams solving challenging problems.
- Expertise in Linux Kernel internals and implementation principles.
- Proper English communication skill in verbal and written
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have 1+ items of below):
- Experience with embedded real-time operating system such as Wind River VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity or others.
- Understanding and experience with the Linux KVM or XEN Hypervisor and related upstream development workflow.
- Experience with open source software development, Development and submission of patches.
- Experience running, analyzing, and tuning Linux system performance.
- Hands-on experience in Linux BSP porting and device driver internals.
- Understanding of ARM AArch64 architecture and virtualization.
- Knowledge of Partitioning Architectures and ARINC653 Standard.
- Application of modern development tools
- C, C++ programming languages
- Knowledge of time and space partitioning architecture using ARINC 653 APEX
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+8 years' related work experience)
- Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities