Senior Software EngineerSeoul, Seoul
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.At Boeing, Software Engineers develop requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for our product lines. Software development will include integration of software components into a fully functional software system. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Utilize modern object oriented computer programming techniques and agile programming methodologies to develop software in delivered Boeing systems
- Work on projects using some of the following technologies, tools and languages:
Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 10 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 5 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Applicants must have demonstrated technical leadership of software development teams solving challenging problems.
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Experience developing real-time or applications software from requirements definition through customer delivery and post-delivery support. Subject matter expert in C++, JAVA, other high order computer languages, or Web services.
- English proficiency leading collaborative projects
- Skills and experience in real-time operating systems such as VxWorks, DO-178B/C, understanding of firewalls, protocols, secure sockets communication, public key certificates, and certification
- Experience in software development for avionics systems or complex commercial electronics products
- Experience leading International (multi-national team members) projects collaborating in English
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing gives additional scores to a person eligible for veterans and disabled person who applies for the job position according to the applicable laws.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6J7BI5 (641) - Software Engineer 5 (Software Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More