Software Engineer, Avionics (Early Career)Seoul, Seoul
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. At Boeing, Software Engineers develop requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for our product lines. Software development will include integration of software components into a fully functional software system. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, designs, and code for embedded avionics software systems.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- The engineer will also integrate and compile software components into builds and test in the target environment.
- Works within an International team including United States and 1 or more other countries where English is the common language
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or math by June 2019 or February 2020(committed to graduate).
- Education or experience in computer science
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required
- Experience developing software requirements, coding and testing in the target environment
- Experience developing software test plans and procedures
- Coding experience in Java/C/C++
- Problem solving skills
- Good English communication skills – verbal, written
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related engineering field
- Experience in software programming to solve challenging problems
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter and someone who works well within a team.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing gives additional scores to a person eligible for veterans and disabled person who applies for the job position according to the applicable laws.
Refer to "Supplemental Information" for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6J7BI1 (641) - Software Engineer 1 (Software Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More