Software EngineerSeoul, Seoul
Refer to "Supplemental Information" for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. At Boeing, Software Engineers develop requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for our product lines. Software development will include integration of software components into a fully functional software system. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Work with systems engineering to decompose and partition system requirements to software requirements
- Utilize modern object oriented computer programming techniques and agile programming methodologies to develop software in delivered Boeing systems
- Work on projects using some of the following technologies, tools and languages:
DOORS or other requirements tool, C++, Java, MATLAB, relational or other databases, Linux or Windows operating systems, and commercial software configuration management and test tools.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Applicants must have demonstrated technical leadership of or within software development teams solving challenging problems.
- Experience developing applications software from requirements definition through customer delivery and post-delivery support. Subject matter expert in C++ or JAVA.
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
- English proficiency leading collaborative projects
- Experience in software development for avionics systems or complex commercial electronics products
- Experience with software qualification / certification in DO-178C is desirable
- Experience in International (multi-national team members) projects collaborating in English
- Experience with DOORS is desirable
- Knowledge of airplane industry specifications such as ARINC 620, ACARS standards, ARINC 724B, ARINC 774A, ARINC 665, or comparable military software development standards is a plus
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' Industry experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' Industry experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More