Systems Engineer, AvionicsSeoul, Seoul
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. This position will perform a wide variety of Systems Engineering functions to ensure avionics systems meet performance requirements and are delivered to meet market and/or customer needs. This position will report to the Boeing Research and Technology Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Systems Requirements development, management, and verification,
- System Performance modeling, analysis, and reporting,
- System Test planning, execution, and reporting as well as other Systems Engineering functions as required to support system development and fielding.
- Support analyses and studies for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties to ensure mission success.
The successful candidate will need to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT). Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to resolve cross-functional technical issues are also required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Experience working with multiple disciplines to resolve issues or reach a collaborative position.
- English proficiency in an engineering work environment
- Experience evaluating customer operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical data and assure compatibility of program interfaces.
- Exception candidates possess knowledge of DO-254, DO-297, DO-178, ARINC 653, and ARINC 664 and other ARINC standards
- Experience in the development, production, and/or maintenance and repair of avionics systems or complex commercial electronics products
- Some experience supporting analyses and studies for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance.
- Some experience working International projects collaborating in English
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing gives additional scores to a person eligible for veterans and disabled person who applies for the job position according to the applicable laws.
- Refer to "Supplemental Information" for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6K8CI2 (645) - Systems Engineer 2 (Systems Engineering Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More