F15 Aircraft Mechanic Lead- RAF LakenheathSeymour Johnson Air Force Base, North Carolina; Lakenheath Royal Air Force Base, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a F15 Aircraft Mechanic Lead to support F-15 program at RAF Lakenheath, UK.
This is a Long Term Assignment to RAF Lakenheath, UK for a minimum of 1.5 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided.
- Leads the assembly, disassembly and modification of systems by overseeing the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Directs troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Oversees validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Leads and supervises others to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations).
- Provides training and mentors others.
- Works under minimal direction.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with aviation maintenance as a supervisor, manager, or lead
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with modification and or sustainment pertaining to military aircrafts
- Previous F-15 modification/installation experience
- Must be willing to work nights and overtime as required on short notice
- Individual must be willing to travel on short notice.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on requirements of the country.
- Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable.
- Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country.
- Because the candidate selected will be expected to go on an international assignment, the offer will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain clearances from International Health Services and the receipt of a visa/work permit to the country in which he or she will be assigned. These contingencies also apply to any/all family members who may be relocating with the candidate.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation to domestic location. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position is contingent on contract award.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.