Industrial EngineerShanghai Nongchang, Jiangsu; Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Applies advanced Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations.
- Independently develops models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
- Applies advanced industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
- Researches, designs, develops, improves, and implements processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Independently manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation).
- Ensures project is completed within budget.
- Utilizes advanced engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to develop optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
- Analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
- Preferred candidate will have an accredited Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in Engineering.
- Strong computer skills are required: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Seven plus years of Aerospace manufacturing experience highly desired
- Additional English fluency certifications highly desired
- Preferred candidate will have experience in 5 or more of the following: Process Modeling, Manufacturing Operations Support, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical/Trend Analysis, Six Sigma, Capacity Planning, Production/Manufacturing System Design, Work Methods Analysis/Time Standards, Planning/Constraint Based Scheduling, Ergonomics & Human Factors, Facilities Layout Design, Root Cause Analysis, Inventory Control, Value-Stream Analysis.
- Preferred candidate must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of personnel to gather information and data.
- Critical skills include excellent written and oral communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience performing Root Cause and Corrective Action analysis and implementation of acceptable preventive actions.
- Must have extensive experience reading and understanding technical documents and engineering drawings.
- Must be able to formulate a method and create a detailed plan\approach to meet technical requirements listed in a document or engineering drawing
- Must be able to clearly communicate to all audiences to ensure their understanding of the technical requirements listed in a document or engineering drawing
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More