Manager, China Safety & Regulatory AffairsShanghai Nongchang, Jiangsu
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This is a senior position in Shanghai. The position represents has responsibility for representing Boeing China business interests on regulatory and safety issues and policies of the governments in the region. The position is responsible for the execution of key regulatory relationship strategies for Boeing China regulatory & safety to meet Boeing’s business goals and objectives.
- Develop and foster relationships with agencies, including leaders of various divisions (Certification, Airworthiness, Flight Standards, etc), in partnership with BCA Engineering, Boeing International, and Sales
- Provide insight on regulatory and safety policies in China to actively promote Boeing's understanding of the regulatory fine points in China
- Serve as a focal point for regulatory and technical issue communications between regulatory agencies and Boeing leadership
- Maintain positive relationship with international FAA, ICAO offices and regional industry associations
- Participate in BCA's global regulatory issue management process, which facilitates exchanges between Boeing Technical Experts and the world's regulatory bodies.
- Hires & manages personnel who monitor and respond to technical developments including certification, safety, and regulatory issues, including coordinating and developing impact assessments for regulatory policy changes.
- Develop integrated plans, and establish and lead cross-organizational teams to respond to regulatory and policy changes and to proactively advocate for Boeing strategic objectives.
- Occasionally represent Boeing on technical committees and at conferences or events within China.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Fluency in Chinese and English languages. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to travel 25% time. Domestic travel to Beijing, other major China international travel to USA will be required.
- Self-motivated, able to work under consultative direction, has excellent people skills, and has the ability to negotiate, build consensus, and deliver results.
- Experience with certification, working with FAA regulations, Safety processes, or policy development.
- Commercial aircraft design and/or analysis experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Technical degree (Bachelor or Masters) from an accredited course of study. (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in an engineering, mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study).
- Works well with diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership in one or more areas
- Must be willing to stretch beyond their experience base and lead where process definition may not exist or is unclear.
- Experience influencing and building strong relationships with stakeholders and partnerships across functions.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with senior executives, customers, stakeholders, peers, and business partners.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorization to work in country for continued employment. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More