Project Management SpecialistShanghai Nongchang, Jiangsu; Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Scope of Position:
- Focus on suppliers’ relations, build good relationship with different level of suppliers.
- Participate on-site supply chain management and supplier engagement activities to support supply chain management operations and strategy implementation.
- Apply the project management skills to oversee the supplier performance of recurring programs at the supplier, as a whole to support the supply management strategy.
- Identify the supplier’s strategy change and the potential barriers to the supply chain management operations.
- Cooperate with the other on-site Boeing teams to ensure the health of program and the supplier engagement.
- Communicate to the internal and external stakeholders to ensure the health of supplier performance supports the overall supply management strategy.
- Establish and execute the stakeholders’ engagement plan and maintain the plan as the program proceeds.
- Identify the potential risks and opportunities of the supplier cooperation to support the supply management strategy.
- Apply the project management skills to managing the ad hoc issues occur during the major work transfer regarding the supplier engagement and supplier relationship maintenance.
Key accountabilities of position:
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships within and outside the organization to build up and maintain the supplier relationship. Builds rapport and trust among stakeholders and leverages the organization's dynamics to promote and enhance the cooperation between Boeing and the supplier. 25%
- Knowledge of how the business and organization operates, policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization. Understands the cooperation between Boeing and the supplier holistically. Applies this information in a way that contributes to the organization's strategic plan and bottom line. 25%
- Facilitates process improvements that enable the supplier performance. Understands the importance of the process to enhance the supplier engagement and support the supply chain strategy. 10%
- Understands the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the system, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the relationships between suppliers of and Boeing, anticipate future events, and apply the principles of systems thinking to accelerate performance. 20%
- Oversees alignment of the suppliers’ performance with supply chain management strategy. 20%
- Both English and Chinese language skill in reading, writing, talking and comprehending.
- Basic Microsoft office skills like Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good communication skill, willing to communicate with people
- Team player
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More