Training Device Technician (Training Device Maintenance)Shanghai Nongchang, Jiangsu; Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Support Boeing Flight Services in the repairing, testing, installing, configuring, upgrading and assisting in the modification of simulators and training components, devices, hardware and software at the Shanghai Campus. Conducts functional tests of training device systems and monitors device instrumentation and bench mounted indicators. Participates with external agencies in the conduct of simulator certification, Acceptance Test Procedures and Automated/Manual Test Guides. Assists engineers in troubleshooting systems and support equipment.
• Undertake preventative and other maintenance tasks during shift.
• Conduct shift handover with the shift lead and in place of the shift lead when not available for incoming and outgoing shifts.
• Fill out the daily shift log with details of work accomplished.
• Input, update and review outstanding defect reports.
• Review, action and assist in any unresolved logistics issues.
• Work under minimal supervision.
• Obtain and follow-up external technical assistance as appropriate.
• Interface with external manufacturers, suppliers, customers and regulatory authorities as required.
• Assist other shifts in preparation for regulatory qualifications.
• Ensure devices are ready for inspection by the regulator.
• Consults with engineers to troubleshoot systems and support equipment.
• Conduct troubleshooting and corrective maintenance activities on training devices.
• Perform training device updates (software and hardware).
• Ensure documentation procedures are completed.
• Provide total customer support service.
• Deputize for shift lead as required.
• Experience as a technician in the aviation industry (for example, aircraft maintenance technician, avionics repair technician or field service representative).
• Fluent in both English and Chinese.
• English reading, writing and speaking capability.
• 5 years minimum experience preferred
• Understanding of aviation regulatory requirements.
• Understanding of quality management systems.
• Understanding of computer hardware and software as it applies to flight simulators.
• Understanding of electronics, electrical schematics and circuits.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Rotating shifts & weekends covering holidays & 24x7 hours is a must. No medical reasons can be used to maintain a fixed shift.
- The work requires hands and knees on occasion as well as ladder/platform work at heights.
- Cleaning of hydraulic fluid and grease required periodically.
- Lifting heavy items within new Boeing guidelines is a must.
- The location is outside the city near the Pudong International Airport in the airport working area.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More