China Regulatory Affairs Validation EngineerShanghai, Shanghai Municipality
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing China is looking for a Mid-level Regulatory Affairs Validation Engineer to join our Regulatory Affairs team based in our Shanghai campus, China.
The China Regulatory Affairs Validation Engineer will support the Boeing Product & Services Safety organization as a technical liaison between Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) design validation, production, and delivery teams, Chinese government agencies including Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), and China Aviation industry and trade organizations focused on related technical and regulatory policies. The position also plays a critical role in understanding related CAAC policy and rulemaking activity, including but limited to China Civil Aviation Regulations (CCAR) p.25 regulations.
- Provides critical support to day-to-day Boeing Commercial Airplanes operations, including design validation, production, and delivery to Chinese customers per China policy and international regulatory agreements.
- Represent Boeing China business interests on regulatory and safety issues at the working level in China.
- Execute key regulatory support & objectives to meet Boeing’s business goals and objectives.
- Coordinate ongoing technical, safety, and regulatory developments of significance to the company with/across the appropriate Boeing teams.
- Analyze CAAC policy impact to Boeing businesses, and to develop and execute project plans to support or mitigate those impacts.
- Build relationships across working-level Chinese regulatory stakeholders, and across Boeing working-level teams to coordinate visibility of response to technical, safety, and regulatory issues.
- Serve as a working-level focal point to BCA business units for CAAC-related validation, production, and delivery issues.
- Provide insight on regulatory and safety policies in China to actively promote Boeing's understanding of the regulatory fine points in China
- Maintain positive relationship with working level CAAC certification center teams, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification focal, US-Based Boeing regulatory teams and Boeing US-based focal for China production & deliveries.
- Participate in BCA's global regulatory issue management process, which facilitates exchanges between Boeing Technical Experts and the world's regulatory bodies.
- Monitor and respond to technical developments including certification, safety, and regulatory issues, including coordinating and developing impact assessments for regulatory policy changes.
- Occasionally represent Boeing on technical committees and at conferences or events within China.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorization to work in China for continued employment.
Basic Qualifications (Required skills/experience):
- More than 5 years working experience in civil aviation regulatory affairs
- Knowledge of regulatory processes and safety processes
- Excellent people skills and the ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Fluency in Chinese and English languages; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work under consultative direction
- Experience with certification, working with CAAC and/or FAA regulations, safety processes, or policy development
- Commercial aircraft design and/or analysis experience (preferred mechanical systems/avionics/performance handling knowledge)
- Candidate should have the initiative and leadership to bring tasks to completion.
- Candidate should have excellent people skills, the ability to negotiate, build consensus, and deliver results.
- Candidate must be able to travel 25% time. Domestic travel to Beijing, other major China cities, and occasional international travel to USA will be required.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Technical degree (Bachelor or Masters) from an accredited course of study. (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in an engineering, mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study).
- Work well with diverse group of people.
- Experience in influencing and building strong relationships with stakeholders and partnerships
- Candidate should be willing to stretch beyond their experience base and lead where process definition may not exist or is unclear.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More