Head of Training (Simulator Flight Instructor)Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Deputy Head of Training is responsible for all ground and flight training programs within the centre. Ensures the quality of all ground and flight training programs is maintained.
• Responsible to CAAC to ensure Boeing Flight Training Shanghai regulatory compliance
• Maintains close liaison with the Director Flight Training & Global Head of Training & Standards Manager
• Ensures efficient manning and utilization of instructor staff to provide necessary flight training coverage
o Organization and delivery of training and checking as covered by CAAC regulations.
• Standardization training of instructors including recurrent training.
o Establishing and monitoring standards for the training and checking of instructors and reporting results to the Director of Flight Training, Global Head of Training, Global Standards Manager
• Liaison with CAAC on operational and training and checking matters.
o Liaison with customer AOC/OC operators in relation to training and checking undertaken by Training Solutions under any training and checking contract.
o Maintaining Instructor training and checking records, ensuring Boeing and CAAC qualifications are maintained current as per the ATOM.
o Reviewing the training and checking plan and recommending any changes as necessary to ensure proper operation.
• Support for, and sound knowledge of, the Quality Management System.
o Ensuring good communication standards by being readily contactable; issues appropriate notices to Instructor Staff as required to ensure efficient notification of relevant information.
o Ensuring that simulator maintenance procedures provide conformance with the approved training program curriculum items.
o Provides insight during the Quality Management Review meeting on simulator operational requirements, impact of discrepancies and their affect on the training curriculum.
o Enable the efficient delivery of training by ensuring that all administrative duties relating to training are arranged and the briefing room and simulator are prepared in readiness for the training session.
o The ability to perform all of the duties required of a Flight Training Instructor.
o The ability to perform all of the duties required of an Examiner. As an Examiner, the instructor will perform the same airman evaluator functions as those performed by a NAA equivalent Flight Operations Inspector. The Examiner evaluation functions are limited to the particular training center where that individual is employed.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Professional/Technical Expertise: Has thorough knowledge of the job; demonstrates technical and functional skills; keeps informed of latest industry developments and assists in keeping all publications used in training up to date.
- Organization and Accomplishment of Work: Plans, prioritizes, completes work efficiently and cost effectively, manages multiple tasks simultaneously while achieving expected amount and quality of work. Must possess a self-starting work ethic with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates a sense of urgency when working with both internal and external customers; available and responsive to client needs and wants, seeks to satisfy customer expectations. Exhibits professional and courteous behavior at all times with internal and external customers.
- Communication: Manages effective flow of information; uses appropriate style, grammar, and tone in both written and verbal communication. Contributes to regular instructor meetings and group settings, and promotes the sharing of information across the business. Fluency in English and a second language is a distinct advantage for communicating with customers.
- Judgment: Identifies and determines appropriate diagnoses/definitions of problems, assesses risk, including the investigation and resolution of problems with projects. Able to consider the cost and benefit of a decision and suggests options.
- Fiscal Acumen – Demonstrates understanding of profit/loss concepts. Makes suggestions to control expenses and increase revenue.
- Staff Self-Development – Coaches, counsels, mentors and trains employees to enhance performance.
- Encourages high standards and level of achievement. Actively participates in self development activities.
- Simplicity – Displays qualities of clarity and conciseness in all business matters. Streamlines non-value added processes and seeks ways to simplify procedures without compromising quality.
- Enterprise/Resourcefulness – Actively seeks ways to effectively use supplies, funds or capabilities.
- Collaboration – Works together with others by incorporating ideas, suggestions and advice while respecting others’ viewpoints, opinions, backgrounds and styles.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- College degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Requires a minimum 2000 hours in Transport Category Aircraft as a Pilot in Command and experience as a Pilot Simulator Instructor, or Pilot Line Check Airman Instructor in Transport Category aircraft, or Military equivalent.
- Has or held Airline Transport Certificate with multi-engine rating and turbojet type rating.
- Minimum three years ground and/or flight instructor experience.
- B737 or B787 Type Rating preferred;
- Qualification as a Training Center Evaluator, or qualifications for this position preferred;
- Examiner qualification preferred, or meets requirements for qualification.
- Regularly required to work in a confined space of a flight simulator, with a noise level that is usually moderate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to focus.
- Requires a range of body motion to perform the following: 1) reach, exert pressure and manipulate the rudder controls/brakes with both feet; 2) reach and manipulate numerous controls while on the flight deck; 3) enter and exit the flight deck of the simulator (via both normal and emergency egress routes).
- May require international travel.
- Requires ability to function as unrestricted simulator instructor.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Employer will sponsor applicants for employment visa status based on candidate eligibility.
Benefits and pay are determined in line with China labor market practices. This is not an expat assignment.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities