Simulator TechnicianShanghai, Shanghai Municipality
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Shanghai Aviation Flight Training center is hiring Simulator Technician. Support Boeing Flight Services in the repairing, testing, installing, configuring, upgrading and assisting in the modification of simulators and training components, devices, hardware and software at the Shanghai Campus. Conducts functional tests of training device systems and monitors device instrumentation and bench mounted indicators. Participates with external agencies in the conduct of simulator certification, Acceptance Test Procedures and Automated/Manual Test Guides. Assists engineers in troubleshooting systems and support equipment.
- Undertake preventative and other maintenance tasks during shift.
- Conduct shift handover with the shift lead and in place of the shift lead when not available for incoming and outgoing shifts.
- Fill out the daily shift log with details of work accomplished.
- Input, update and review outstanding defect reports.
- Review, action and assist in any unresolved logistics issues.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Obtain and follow-up external technical assistance as appropriate.
- Interface with external manufacturers, suppliers, customers and regulatory authorities as required.
- Assist other shifts in preparation for regulatory qualifications.
- Ensure devices are ready for inspection by the regulator.
- Consults with engineers to troubleshoot systems and support equipment.
- Conduct troubleshooting and corrective maintenance activities on training devices.
- Perform training device updates (software and hardware).
- Ensure documentation procedures are completed.
- Provide total customer support service.
- Deputize for shift lead as required.
- Experience as a technician in the aviation or related industry (for example, simulator maintenance technician, aircraft maintenance technician, avionics repair technician, or computer hardware/software specialist).
- Communicate in both English and Chinese.
- English reading, writing and speaking capability.
- Understanding of aviation regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of quality management systems.
- Understanding of computer hardware and software as it applies to flight simulators.
- Understanding of electronics, electrical schematics and circuits.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Rotating shifts & weekends covering holidays & 24x7 hours is a must. No medical reasons can be used to maintain a fixed shift.
- The work requires hands and knees on occasion as well as ladder/platform work at heights.
- Cleaning of hydraulic fluid and grease required periodically.
- The location is outside the city near the Pudong International Airport in the airport working area.
This position offers domestic relocation assistance based on candidate eligibility.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities