Materials Process & Physics EngineerSheffield, England
Defines requirements for tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes used in the engineering design, manufacture and maintenance of products and approves their use. Leads production of specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes. Maintains compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations. Promotes standardization across business activities. Evaluates emerging technologies for potential application to business needs. Leads development and qualification of new tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes to meet requirements. Integrates new technologies as appropriate. Manages test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements. Conducts complex analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of tools, materials, parts or processes. Implements corrective and preventive actions. Leads design, development and qualification of sophisticated computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements. Uses project management tools to meet cost, technical, and schedule requirements. Incorporates environmental health and safety, LEAN and Quality principles into (1) materials and processes, (2) research, design and qualification, (3) work procedures and (4) labs and office areas. Leads others and work statement, assist defining strategies and/or provides consultation.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Manufacturing Technology Integration engineers are needed in Sheffield, UK to support the goals and objectives of the various Boeing Commercial programs (BCA) and activities being conducted at Boeing Sheffield. Boeing Research and Technology Europe (BR&T-E) will be supporting Boeing serialized production and the integration of manufacturing technologies at Boeing Sheffield for high-tech actuation system components for BCA models, sourced from components manufactured in the UK.
We are looking for engineers who can lead and work collaboratively through multiple types of needs and issues impacting the shop floor (mainly machining processing and also forging, casting, finishes etc.) and act hands on at the Boeing Shop floor to resolve production issues, enhance production flow times and improve costs.
Statement of Work:
• Provide engineering support to Boeing Sheffield to address emergency needs
• Provide engineering support to Boeing Sheffield to improve production stability.
• Participate and lead in complex root-cause and corrective action activities on-site at Boeing Sheffield to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
• Provide engineering assistance to Boeing Sheffield to ensure mitigation actions and rate readiness.
• Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness for qualification.
• Interface with stakeholders in Boeing procurement and quality organizations to ensure BR&T support is integrated with airplane schedule and rate requirements.
• Manage audit programs to qualify suppliers on-site to applicable requirements and production schedule need dates.
Master's Degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline
The successful candidate will have proven experience in relevant application areas related to precision machining production support while demonstrating the following abilities: strong shop floor and hands on solving abilities, engineering background, project management skills, and prior experience with forging and casting materials, machined parts.
In particular, the following items are considered an essential part of the job:
• Proven ability to work in multidiscipline teaming environments
• Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: precision manufacturing, fabrication, production control, and quality assurance.
• Flexibility to work on different technology areas and applications related to precision manufacturing
• Strong preference will be given to candidates with metals background (alloys, gears, castings, forgings)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6F4BI4 (618) - MP&P Engineer 4 (MP&P Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More