A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
The Crew Implementation department is responsible for the customization and delivery of our Crew management products to airline customers and to make sure that we deliver solutions that our customers truly need. You will be part of a skilled team of developers that value diversity and learn from each other. You will support customer needs by ensuring successful delivery of products by contributing with programming and other technical skills. Your tasks will include; understanding the customer’s needs, capturing requirements, customize the software, tuning the optimizer, verifying quality and testing.
We are looking for both junior and senior experienced Agile Systems Analyst (Software Engineer) to join our implementation team.
You will be based in our Singapore office, where we are experiencing growth in the Asia/Pacific region, and be expected to travel to our customers in the assigned region to support customers’ needs around requirements and to deploy software on-site.
• Work closely to customers and customize the application to their business environment
• Communicate with different stakeholders as part of the requirements gathering and clarification process
• Analyze system specifications and implement the solution using Python and Jeppesen proprietary modelling language
• Responsible for writing unit test cases, perform systems and integration testing
• Develop system documentation according to corporate standards and guidelines
• Explain decisions and technical solutions in a pedagogical and confident way to customers
• Manage customers’ expectations and build long-term customer relations
• A degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent
• At least 4 years of software development experience
• Development experience in Linux using Python and Unix Scripts
• Experience with working in Scrum team is advantageous
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Must have strong software development skills, preferably in a UNIX environment
• Creative problem solving capability, analytical and listening skills
• Demonstrates strong communication skills and command of the English language
• Knowledge of Eclipse IDE, Mercurial and Oracle is advantageous
• Proficient in Mandarin language is advantageous
• Airline Crew Management and Jeppesen Crew product customization experience is highly valued
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary and benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background verification.