Entry-Level Manufacturing AssemblerSmithfield, Pennsylvania
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity available in Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Operations Team for a Manufacturing Assembler in our Smithfield, PA facility
- Performs simple production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Supports continuous improvement of products and processes by participating in the design, fabrication and testing of new concepts and technology
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Knowledge of function specific specialized tools (e.g., electrical and mechanical wire crimpers and strippers, wire routing tools, accessing computer files, multimeters)
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- Demonstrates an interest in personal learning and development. Seeks feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modifies behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Takes steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform.
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability for one's actions. Exhibits a moral, legal or mental accountability in areas of responsibility
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities data needed for defining delivery configurations (e.g., design definition, program directives, and engineering drawings, change memos, wiring diagrams and schematics, functional tests, supplier data). Ability to differentiate production (manufacturing) processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements. Participates in the evaluation and qualification of materials, suppliers, equipment, technology and processes to ensure that conformance and producibility requirements are met.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the team’s energy and expertise to achieve a common objective. Understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance. Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team Knowledge of the properties of metal and other common materials
- Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- High School Diploma/GED
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More