Central Plant Operator - Experienced LevelSpringfield, Virginia
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking Experienced Central Plant Operators to support our Building Operations Control Center (BOCC) in Springfield, VA. This organization supports mission critical government programs.
The successful candidate will maintain, monitor, adjust, test, troubleshoot and repair Building Operations related equipment. Related equipment is but not limited to chillers, pumps, cooling towers, air distribution equipment and hot water heaters. You will go through an 6-month Training & Certification process once on board needing to successfully pass with no less than and 80% grade. Candidates will work a Dupont work schedule; 14 - 12 hour shifts every 28 days including nights and weekends!
- Monitor Building Operations Control Center (BOCC) equipment via building management systems
- Utilize Energy Management Systems and in particular SCADA and Siemens brand EMCS/BMS
- General knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures
- Work with Power Distribution Systems from both Commercial and back-up Power Generation
- Perform equipment rounds to ensure equipment is operating and designed efficiently
- Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Troubleshoot and repair Mechanical, Electrical and Life Safety Systems by interpreting schematics and blueprints
- Utilize hand and power tools used to make repairs and adjustments to this equipment
- May provide guidance to less experienced employees
- May receive specialized equipment training. May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at our Springfield, VA. location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A final Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph Pre-Start is required.
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Minimum 3 years of experience in maintaining Plant/Building Operations equipment
- Capable of working on a rotating shift schedule
- Ability to lift 35 pounds on a frequent basis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- An active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph
- Experience using FMCS systems; Siemens, SCADA, Trane Tracer/Ensemble
- Experience with UPS Power Systems
- Experience with Power Distribution or Backup Generator equipment
- Stationary Engineer License, Journeyman or Master License in Mechanical or Electrical Trades
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a rotating shift position
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award