Experienced Facilities Network DesignerSpringfield, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Facilities Network Designer to support our business in Springfield, VA.
- Design, install, configure and maintain network components to support facility system infrastructure that include local and wide area networks.
- Adapting network architecture for an industrial control system (ICS) environment.
- Perform facility system hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of network components to support the architecture.
- Delivers support for the design, validation and configuration management of networks.
- Administers access to network equipment and works to protect information to meet security requirements.
- Monitors and analyzes information security reports to identify current threats, determine appropriate solutions, and implement approved security measures.
- Installs patches, modified security files, controls file and data access.
- Establishes backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability.
- Conducts root cause analysis where required to identify causes of problems resolved and develop and deploy mitigation plans.
- Develops moderately complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the IT infrastructure installation in buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds.
- Reviews designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, TIAA codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials.
- Integrates the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, outside consultants and government agencies.
- Facilitates the implementation improvements in asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability; to specify configuration of new assets in order to support reliability programs.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance post-start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience with CISCO (or equivalent) network architecture
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- A current active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U. S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI Poly)
- Experience with the operational technology of facility systems
- System Administrator experience for first level support
- A current active DoDD 8750 approved certification (CompTIA Network +, Security + or CASP; or ISC2 CISSP)
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More