Senior Construction Management SpecialistSpringfield, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Senior Construction Management Specialist to support our business in Springfield, VA.
- Directs construction of contract strategy and approves contracts for high-impact projects.
- Evaluates contractor proposals for fair and reasonable cost.
- Administers contractor activities.
- Participate in contractor selection, contract change negotiations, constructability reviews, and cost/schedule visibility such as management, customer and contractor reviews to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Directs and integrates high-impact facilities projects.
- Obtains facilities design and resources commitments.
- Develops work package that can include budget/funding source, schedule, drawings, specifications, statement of work, procurement, estimates.
- Coordinates with affected parties such as customer, designers, safety, security, and network infrastructure to create an agreed to implementation plan.
- Assembles and releases work package by collecting and integrating various individual documents such as facilities work order, contract service request, drawings, vendor quotes, schedule, permits.
- Finalized work package will provide documents to implement the project.
- Evaluates requests and meet with customer to define requirements for high-impact projects.
- Identifies acceptable options with customer to clarify needs and develop the preliminary scope of work in order to meet the customer's requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Boeing and regulatory standards such as city, county, state, federal. Develops options so that facilities modifications are accomplished within project objectives.
- Works with affected parties to define functionality and constructability.
- Develops conceptual, budgetary, and detailed cost estimates to assist in the business case analysis.
- Negotiates options with customer to select the best solution for customer and company.
- Directs and ensure completion and retention of records for high-impact projects by following the standard operating procedure for closure and update of appropriate documents, forms, permits, work management systems, commissioning and as-built drawings.
- Ensures comprehensive closeout and retention of project and contract files to provide an audit trail for Records Retention, Internal Audit, Internal Revenue Service, Property Accounting, Legal, and Facilities. Oversees and lend technical expertise to less experienced employees.
- Directs and integrates high-impact project implementation activities such as relocations, construction, utility shutdowns, budget management, schedule, and project reviews.
- Coordinates support functions such as vendors, security, fire, network infrastructure and verifies compliance with project documents.
- Ensures that project implementation meets established quality, cost, schedule targets and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees and lend technical expertise to less experienced employees.
- Receives customer requests for high-impact facilities projects, such as construction, rearrangements, moves, and asset acquisition, via various electronic methods.
- Validates against acceptance criteria for new requests and acknowledges customer requests.
- Assigns priorities and logs request into work management system in order to document, track, and perform work.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 5 years Project or Construction Management experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Facilities Electrical Systems experience
- Facilities Mechanical Systems experience
- Data Center Construction experience
- SAP experience
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The future of aerospace
Our teams are leading the next wave of technological advancements at Boeing. Our future begins with today's innovation. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More