Senior Facilities Project Manager (Facilities Proj Mgmt Specialist)Springfield, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior Facilities Project Manager to support our business in Springfield, VA.
Our project managers are dedicated to maintaining and improving the large government campus we are assigned to. We pride ourselves on our close relationship with our customers and so a candidate with a customer-facing service history is just as important as the ability to move a project from proposal delivery all of the way through completion. Our facilities projects range from small office renovations to large critical infrastructure recapitalization efforts.
- Develops and formalizes integrated baseline project management plans: team charters, work and organizational breakdown structures, quality planning, change management process and project closure, to ensure controls are in place throughout project life cycle.
- Consolidates independently generated project data and interfaces with functional specialist on cross-functional teams, to ensure stakeholder understanding of trade-offs amongst cost, schedule, quality and risk.
- Recommends appropriate actions to stakeholders to satisfy project goals and objectives.
- Acts as consultant to site management in the design, development and implementation of project management processes and systems.
- Develops project plan for major projects, in accordance with accepted project management principles based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (R).
- Establishes formalized project change control board and processes, to ensure deviations from the baseline plan are properly documented and submitted for approval or rejection. Incorporates approved changes into work statements, cost and schedule baselines. Identifies and documents requirements necessary to meet project needs.
- Defines scope with the project team, applying appropriate standards, guidelines, regulations and procedures to ensure all of the work and only the work required to complete the project is included in the baseline.
- Establishes baseline critical path schedule, using computing software, to integrate elements of the work breakdown structure and resources, for major projects.
- Monitors milestones and task activities to ensure timely completion of project.
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure schedule commitments are met.
- Develops cost estimate and identifies resources needed to complete project activities, using project cost management processes, for major projects.
- Establishes cost baseline and monitors baseline, using earned value management system.
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure cost targets are met.
- Identifies and formalizes required communication flows to project stakeholders, including team members, management, program and functional organizations.
- Prepares and presents management briefings to communicate project(s) status, identify issues and solicit help for resolution.
- Identifies potential risks by using established project management tools.
- Assesses risks, by applying standard project risk techniques.
- Develops risk response plan and makes recommendations to project stakeholders to minimize project risk.
- Identifies for project team, the means by which all necessary goods and services will be provided, using all appropriate guidelines and procedures, in order to ensure project budget and schedule are met.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 5 years Project or Construction Management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Degree in Project Management or related discipline
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified SCRUM Master
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The future of aerospace
Our teams are leading the next wave of technological advancements at Boeing. Our future begins with today's innovation. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More