Spacecraft Vehicle Engineer - 3
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Spacecraft Vehicle Engineer - 3
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a spacecraft Vehicle Engineer (VE) to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission. The VE will serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams. The VE will provide on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities. The VE will ensure long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider. This position is located in Springfield, VA.
The position includes regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities. The position will involve: Applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties will include but not limited to
- Providing daily oversight of vehicle payload functionality
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Reviewing operational logs
- Daily trend plots analysis
- Limit check review
- Support of factory/customer requests for specific monitoring
- Coordinating implementation of Boeing Factory Recommendations
- Coordination of technical issues with local and Factory experts
- Conducting review(s) and closure(s) of discrepancy reports, providing support to the daily Site- Factory interface meeting
- Developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc
- Updating documentation as required
- Maintaining knowledge of vehicle contingency procedures
- Maintaining current workarounds and memograms
- Maintaining/updating vehicle databases as required
- Supporting memogram development, providing oversight to anomaly resolution from the system perspective
- Support calibration activities as required
- Reviewing and reporting trend analysis
- Support deployments to contingency command and control facilities
- Provide weekly and monthly status of vehicle performance
- Provide vehicle payload specific briefings and written reports as required
- Support of special Systems Engineering tests and transition related activities
This position requires an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Clearance is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Classroom or work related experience with aerospace engineering vehicles
- May be required to complete a certification/qualification program
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers Basic Relocation based on candidate eligibility
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.