Assembly MechanicSt Louis, Missouri
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) in St. Louis has a number of openings for Assembly Mechanics supporting multiple programs.
Assembly Mechanic encompasses all of the duties of the following job classifications: Inspector Assembly, Sub-Assembly Precision, Mechanic Aircraft Production, Mechanic Electrical and Radio, Sheet Metal Assembler and Riveter.
Individual job duties may include:
• Assemble precision assemblies, set up and operate ream fixtures to drill, ream, countersink, spot face, hone and bore for mating major assemblies.
• Setup and operate shot peen equipment and accessories for stress relieving assemblies as required.
• Install press fit bushings and force fit bushings. File, fit, hone, ream, drill, tap, saw, burr and adjust.
• Assemble a variety of production aircraft and spacecraft parts and install aircraft equipment, support equipment or power plant equipment.
• Install, operationally check out, adjust, rig and pressure check systems.
• Perform bench and assembly line operational check out, troubleshooting, repair and adjustment of electrical and electronic systems, lighting circuits, power plant systems, wing fold circuits, missile launch racks, aircraft instrumentation, provide flight test instrumentation, fire wiring system, fuel system.
• Assemble, install, check out physical characteristics and modify wire bundles to aircraft of aircraft mock ups.
• Bench assemble electrical or electronic components and conductors into electrical units and systems before methods and procedures have been established.
• Cut, identify, strip, tin, solder, attach components, and pot to prepare wire for assembly.
• Tie, seal, and pack assembled bundles and units.
• Install wire bundles or other electrical and electronic components in aircraft, power plants or ground support equipment.
• Assemble aircraft and/or spacecraft structures or aircraft and/or spacecraft support equipment structures with or without the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, reaming, countersinking, stop countersinking, dimpling as assigned, burring, fastening, filing, filling, fitting, aligning, trimming, shimming and remove surface defects as assigned.
• Perform skilled assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming and aligning which may vary considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assemblies; realigning or replacing ribs, bulkheads or stringers in skinned assemblies; establishing from blue-prints with or without firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure; correcting cans, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and remove surface defects as assigned.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Minimum 1 year assembly experience required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience with sheet metal assemblies, drilling, countersinking, riveting, and fastener installation
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Aircraft assembly experience
• Currently hold or have held a security clearance in the past 24 months
The selected candidate must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
New Hires, as well as employees who transfer from non-union positions, may be required to attend some type of training upon their start. Once any required training has been completed all new employees will be considered on probation for a period of forty (40) working days. Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of any required training and the probationary period.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.