Autonomy Artificial Intelligence LeadSt Louis, Missouri
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Autonomy Artificial Intelligence Lead to join the Phantom Works Advanced Autonomous Systems (AAS) team to lead development of technology supporting our newest and future autonomous systems located in St. Louis, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
The successful candidate will grow, lead and mentor a team of Artificial Intelligence (AI) researchers and software engineers and become a company-wide resource for AI technology, especially as it pertains to autonomous systems. As an advanced technologist / developer, you will conduct and transition original research that result in innovative solutions deployed to aerospace platforms.
As a member of Phantom Works your primary focus will be the maturation and application of new technology to current and future Boeing products. You will work with partner organizations inside and outside Boeing, and you will be supported by Boeing’s extensive resources including high fidelity simulation environments, hardware in the loop test facilities, cloud computing and autonomous system test ranges.
- Create artificially intelligent systems to control, augment, and enhance Boeing products
- Identify new tools/technologies and evaluate them for use by Boeing
- Participate in proposals and other business development activities
- Understand needs of internal and external customers to build technology roadmaps that meet those needs
- Oversee directed research projects at Boeing labs and partner organizations
- The Senior AI Technologist is an individual contributor, but will lead a team of engineers and technologists performing applied R&D and must be able to drive the overall vision of the team
- Soft skills related to consensus-building, communication, conflict resolution, communication and active listening are a must
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite approximately two days a week in St. Louis, MO.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. A final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
- Experience working in the field of Artificial Intelligence including Machine Learning
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Robotics and/or Autonomy Techniques
- Minimum 5 years of team leadership experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or a related field
- Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance
- Domain knowledge of Autonomous Systems or Robotics
- Broad knowledge of AI tools and Techniques
- Research experience in at least one area relevant to autonomy such as Perception, Decision Making, Game Theory, Reinforcement Learning, Probabilistic Reasoning, or Anomaly Detection
- Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience with deep learning libraries, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano, or Caffe, Fast.ai, etc.
- Experience with path planning, goal planning, data optimization and data filtering algorithms
- Experience with sensors (cameras, LiDAR, RADAR, GPS-IMU), embedded systems, and system integration related to autonomous systems
- Experience with military applications
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Software language experience, including C++, Python, Java and Ruby
Typically 14 or more years' related work experience or relevant military experience. Advanced degree (e.g. Bachelor, Master, PhD, etc.) preferred, but not required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $103,950 – $193,050
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.