Battlespace & Simulation Management Engineering Manager
St Louis, Missouri
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Battlespace & Simulation Management Engineering Manager
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Global Services (BGS) Engineering Battlespace & Simulation Management (BSM) team is looking for a first level manager to be part of a dynamic and cohesive management team in a large Scaled Agile™ development environment. The BSM team develops the Instructor/Operator stations (IOS) and threat environments that comprise of flight/maintenance/aircrew simulators and trainers. In addition we lead the Embedded Training (ET) and Integrated Live, Virtual, and Constructive (ILVC) Training activities for BGS. This position would be focused on leading those ILVC activities as well as some applicable IOS activities. We support customers all over the world (US and foreign military, Boeing Commercial Aircraft, NASA). Managers are expected to support the team by promoting functional excellence, ensuring that necessary resources are available, and helping to apply lessons learned. The BSM team has internal Boeing partners and external customers, and it is essential that the management team work closely with both sides to coordinate the team’s activities.
As a leader in this position you will be exposed to pilot training tactics, simulation standards and tactical and training datalinks. ET/LVC is the next generation training capability at the forefront of current and future training systems and Boeing is on the cutting edge of this technology.
The BSM team is a large development team, comprised mainly of software engineers, which is supported by multiple managers. The successful candidate will need to work as part of this cohesive leadership team in determining the strategic and tactical direction of the BSM team. Adaptability, the ability to work closely with others, and an open mind are essential attributes of the management team members.
Experience in leading teams is required, and agile development experience is highly beneficial. A background in any or all of the following is desired: military aircraft, weapons simulation, and/or training systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing multiple inter-related software projects
- Prioritizing requirements from multiple customers
- Working with other engineering disciplines to produce a high-quality product
- Implementing a large-scale agile environment for software development
- Hiring, mentoring and training new employees
- Building teams and establishing relationships among inter-related teams
- Setting high expectations
- Performance management for a large and varied team
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (A final U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start is required.)
- Experience leading Modeling & Simulation Activities and/or Systems Engineering, Software Development and Sustainment Activities
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Hands on experience in identifying resource requirements for projects, and managing those resources throughout the project life cycle.
- Experience working in or leading LVC efforts
- Experience in Distributed Training
- Experience with Aircraft Avionics/Networking
- Knowledge of aircraft/aircrew training and/or ground based training standards
- Experience working in Agile work environment
- Experience as an Agile Systems or Software Development Team Lead
- PMP, Agile Certifications
- An active U.S DoD SECRET Security Clearance or higher Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- Available for selected candidate if authorized.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.