Boeing Graduate Researcher - Hypersonic Aerodynamics Design & AnalysisSt Louis, Missouri
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research and Technology is looking for an Aerodynamics Engineer Graduate Researcher to join the team in St. Louis, Missouri. This position will join the Flight Sciences Aerodynamics Team which applies advanced aerodynamic analysis tools and processes to a wide variety of flight platforms across the speed range ranging from low-speed/high-lift to supersonic flight.
- Supports definition of requirements for aerodynamics for supersonic/hypersonic flight vehicles.
- Contributes to the hypersonic airframe-propulsion integration including design and engineering analysis
- Utilizes computational fluid dynamics applied to aerodynamics
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Master’s of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited university in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry with research experience and be enrolled in or pursuing a PhD.
- Able to perform CFD applications and code developments
- Good communication skills and able to work with a team or individually as required.
- Capable of analyzing aerodynamic flow-field and extracting engineering data
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation benefits are available to eligible candidates.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More