Boeing Summer 2020 Internship – Facilities EngineerSt Louis, Missouri; El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
The Boeing Internship Program has the foundation you need to jumpstart your career. You will be immersed in exciting opportunities that will empower you to make decisions and develop your skills as a professional. Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to apply your education to meaningful projects while developing skills in business acumen, project management, facilities management, emotional intelligence, and problem solving. In addition, you’ll explore the vast amount of Facilities careers through informational interviews with our top professionals and development opportunities that the company has to offer. This program is very valuable to the company as it has a proven history of delivering Boeing’s top Facilities leaders. Apply today, and be a part of Boeing’s next chapter.
Boeing Facilities & Asset Management (F&AM) is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona with teams spread all across the enterprise. It is the largest organization among Boeing's enterprise-wide internal services and is part of Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Operations.
F&AM is responsible for providing the following major services to The Boeing Company:
- Maintenance of Boeing buildings and infrastructure.
- Project implementation, including construction services and employee moves.
In addition, F&AM establishes delivery models for its services that result in the most efficient and economical solutions for business partners in all Business Units: Commercial Airplanes; Defense, Space and Security; Boeing Global Services; Boeing Capital Corporation; and Corporate. By leveraging economies of scale in the services it provides and aggressively pursuing opportunities to streamline and standardize, F&AM has a unique opportunity to enable the Business Units' performance and leverage the power of One Boeing.
F&AM also supports (in partnership with Boeing's Environment, Health and Safety) the Conservation Initiative, which is tasked with reducing the environmental footprint of Boeing operations. This supports Boeing's five-year plan for zero growth in energy consumption, water use, greenhouse gas emissions, solid waste sent to landfills, and hazardous waste disposal.
Specific Facilities Engineering internship opportunities include:
- Plant Engineer - Provides engineering support and conducts activities related to short- and long-term infrastructure planning and capital improvement construction projects and maintenance operations. Advises and works with internal and external customers to analyze, design and complete facilities construction projects and maintenance activities. Applies engineering principles and methodology to translate customer requirements into feasible options that meet expectations regarding scope, resources and cost. Plans, manages and executes projects, which may involve external vendors, in accordance with construction documents as well as applicable regulations, standards, codes and ordinances. Maintains and archives relevant contract documentation and records. Develops and recommends facility reliability improvements through the application of reliability engineering tools. Researches technologies related to facilities, shares learning with others and trains personnel regarding operation and maintenance of assets. Restriction: Refer to "Supplemental Information" for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Equipment Engineer - As an Equipment Engineer, you'll assist in development of specifications, conceptual and final designs and cost estimates. Provide maintenance support for the procurement or modification of equipment systems (e.g. vehicles, cranes, work stands, flight line equipment, material handling, etc.). Review equipment designs for the acquisition, creation, or modification of equipment. Incorporate maintainability and reliability principles into all specifications. Verify that all equipment and its installation is documented including hardware, software and the configuration of equipment. Work with Boeing Purchasing & Suppliers to get quotes.
Other Job-Related Information:
APPLICATION GUIDANCE: Clearly state your cumulative GPA, degree type with major and graduation date (month & year) on your resume.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as hiring is conducted on a rolling basis.
BENEFITS: Boeing offers a competitive internship compensation package and early consideration to interns for full-time opportunities. Intern benefits include intern travel assistance for those who qualify.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science degree program in engineering from an accredited course of study, with an anticipated graduation date on or after August 2020
Note: The majority of opportunities are for students currently pursuing their Undergraduate degree.
- Majoring in: Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields of study
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer
- Passion for the aerospace industry
- Academic excellence (GPA of 3.0 or higher) and community involvement
- Previous business or related internship or work experience
- Experience in: Construction/Facilities, HVAC, Building Systems, Infrastructure, AutoCAD, Computing Skills
Some positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. All positions need to meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Persons" include US citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More