Boeing Summer 2021 Internship Program (Paid) – Quality Specialist InternSt Louis, Missouri; Seattle, Washington; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Berkeley, Missouri; Huntsville, Alabama; Ridley Park, Pennsylvania; Mesa, Arizona
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we're inspiring the next century of explorers – we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!
As an intern at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
Quality Salaried professionals partner with and lead cross-functional business units to protect the integrity of products and processes, effectively ensuring that every product and service meets quality and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities of the Quality Specialist Intern role may include:
- Support reviews of proposals, contracts, regulatory, program and customer requirements in the development of quality assurance plans.
- Assist with maintenance of Quality directives, policies, processes, procedures and metrics.
- Collect data to support analysis of process data, metrics, models and flows to identify root cause of routine problems.
- Collect data to support research and analysis of performance reports to improve process capability.
- Collect data to support Quality source selection activity.
- Support preparation for hardware, software and system level audits.
- Compile data for material review disposition.
The Summer 2021 Quality Intern Program will be mainly held via telecommuting, which does not require applicants to live near applicable location(s), during the Summer 2021 Intern Program.
Some of these positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Some of these positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2021
- Currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2021
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Majoring in: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Programming, and/or Information Technology.
- Strong academic performance (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Previous internships or work experience and/or involvement with student or civic organizations
- Passion for the aerospace industry and interest and enthusiasm for a career with Boeing
- Current Junior or higher class standing as of May 2021
- The ability to telecommute
- The ability to relocate and work onsite
- Preferred skills: Project Management, Data Analysis, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology, SQL/programming and other related skills
Some of these positions offer relocation based on eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: $32,000 – Max: $48,000
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.