St Louis, Missouri
On our cyber teams, you’ll work with leading-edge technology developing solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. While building the future with Boeing, you’ll also help protect it.
of the time
What does it take?
What makes a successful Cybersecurity employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Quick thinking
“ At Boeing, cybersecurity is integral to everything we do and addressed at every stage of system development. I am fortunate to collaborate with talented individuals across different departments to ensure the security of our products. Having served in the military, I am proud to continue to support our troops by ensuring their mission needs are met. ”Jason Shelton Cybersecurity Engineer (Developmental Center), Cyber Test and Evaluation Lead
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a highly motivated Cybersecurity Specialist to join our Enterprise Government Cybersecurity team in St. Louis, MO. The candidate will rely on their cybersecurity and Information Assurance (IA) background to support Boeing customers in meeting Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) and National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) requirements.
- Rely on cybersecurity and technical background to perform security analysis of operational and development environments, threats, vulnerabilities and internal interfaces to define and assess compliance with accepted industry and government standards; contribute to the Authorization and Assessment (A&A) process under the Risk Managed Framework (RMF) for new and existing information systems, to include facilitating Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Interconnection Security Agreements (ISA), Risk Acceptance Letters (RAL) and Continuous Monitoring (CONMON)
- Conduct compliance review of operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, and Solaris) to governing requirements; assess test/analysis data to document state of compliance with security requirements
- Conduct risk assessments and investigations, execute appropriate risk mitigations, and oversee incident response activities, interface with the appropriate government customers, suppliers, and company personnel to implement protective mechanisms and to ensure understanding of and compliance with cybersecurity requirements.
Expectations for candidate include:
Communication Skills: The candidate should have demonstrated leadership qualities, strong verbal/written communication skills, communicate clearly at both one-on-one and group levels, communicate with team leaders, managers and internal employees in the decision-making process to obtain needed information, make the most appropriate decisions, and ensure buy-in and understanding of resulting decisions.
Task Management Skills: The candidate is expected to proactively determine project or assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials, and people needed. The candidate consistently and proactively identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments and effectively adjust priorities when appropriate.
Team Coordination Skills: The candidate is expected to set high expectations for oneself, has the courage to raise the bar continuously. The candidate hold oneself and others accountable for continuous improvement and communicate expectations directly, openly and effectively. The candidate conveys sense of purpose and mission that motivates others, maintains direction, and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day issues. The candidate guide others in creating relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes.
Base of Knowledge Skills: The candidate must have knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures, including knowledge of current governing regulations and compliance requirements; advanced level of understanding and proficiency in the use of networking computing hardware and software applications; extensive knowledge of processes and tools needed to maintain, archive, and retrieve digital files; as it relates to cybersecurity, ability to read and understand contracts, Statements of Work (SoW), and DD-254s.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance, adjudicated within the past 6 years
- Experience in cybersecurity
- Possess the following IAM Level 1 DoD 8140.01 (previously 8570.01) or higher Certifications: CAP, GSLC, and Security +CE
- Experience with policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) e.g. DAAPM, ICD-503, JSIG and NIST SP 800 series
- Experience with performing security compliance monitoring and security policy assessments / audits
****Applicants must include the following on their resume: IAM Level certification, Security Clearance Level and Clearance adjudication date****
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.