Electronic and Electrical Engineer – Systems Design Engineer (Experienced)St Louis, Missouri
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking Electrical Engineers with experience in Electronic Systems Design and Analysis for current and emerging programs in St. Louis, MO. At Boeing, our EEs develop electronic and electrical system requirements using analytical and technical skills, translate requirements into system architectures and modify hardware and software designs for Boeing aircraft, unmanned vehicles and much more.
Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Understand and apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Develop, document and maintain electronic and electrical system requirements according to customer desires and contract requirements
- Develop statement-of-work and technical performance specifications
- Analyze, translate and implement requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications, showing traceability throughout the product lifecycle
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Resolve product integration issues and production anomalies
- Support fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering is highly desired
- Applicants must have good communication, analytical, and organizational skills and be able to work in a team environment - previous design team or special project team participation is desired
- Ability to conceive, develop, optimize, maintain and modify electronic/electrical system designs based on requirements is desired
- Ability to provide technical coordination with internal and external suppliers and customers is a plus
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Model-based Engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A]) is preferredKnowledge of data system design,and architectures is desired
- Knowledge of system security design principles and industry and government guidance and regulations which engineers apply to produce secure systems is desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More