GIS Application DeveloperSt Louis, Missouri
This position requires an active Secret clearance
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is seeking a talented and experienced GIS Application Developer to generate and sustain GIS software solutions in a growing portfolio of intelligence, cyber security and leading-edge technologies. The systems, programs, and projects the successful candidate will support cover a large spectrum of GIS Intelligence based software platforms, to include ArcGIS, QGIS, and other internally developed tools like Open/Crowd Source data collection tools, and Terrain Production tools.
The GIS Application Developer’s duties entail:
- Work with a team of like-minded professionals to create and deploy mission critical applications by designing and developing compelling analytical applications. These applications will be used by in house geospatial analysts to create intelligence-based GIS products.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures, and provide production support.
- Design and develop automation workflows, perform unit tests and conduct review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered component.
- Design, implement, and maintain databases for geospatial production.
- Work with the Information Technology (IT) department to design and troubleshoot software and hardware solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience as a software developer designing and implementing enterprise-scale applications using a combination of custom code and COTS products
- Experience with commercial off the shelf (COTS) GIS software packages, specifically ArcGIS.
- Experience with C++, Python, Linux/Unix, SQL programming, Web Services, and PostgreSQL databases.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (NOT REQUIRED):
- Troubleshooting hardware and software related issues
- Specific experience with PL/pgSQL
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Nvidia’s CUDA Application Programming Interface (API)
- Performed System Administrator related duties to maintain and enhance system technology
- Creation of innovative solutions to real word GIS production facility issues (enhanced workflows, advanced technology identification, automation).
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a Ph.D degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree (or greater) in a mathematic, scientific, or information technology field of study.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More