Global Distribution Management System (GDMS) Mid-Level Software Developer (L3)St Louis, Missouri; Maryland Heights, Missouri
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Title: Global Distribution Management System Mid-Level Software Developer (L3)
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Be part of a small team that is moving transportation into the future. You will be a key player on an Agile software team collaborating closely with Field Support techs and Tapestry customers to implement new functionality and provide technical support for Tapestry’s Global Distribution Management System (GDMS.) You will work closely with management to transform commercial and Department of Defense customer visions of future transportation scenarios and logistics challenges into today’s solutions.
GDMS is web-based software suite providing command-and-control capabilities to commercial trucking companies, private security firms, and logistics for companies transporting equipment, fuel, medical supplies and other cargo internationally and often in austere environments. GDMS acts as a central data-fusion system and gateway providing satellite based In-Transit Visibility, tracking movements and incidents, planning routes, and managing contractors’ performance by providing the users with total situational awareness for their ground logistics.
We offer a flexible work environment. Flexible scheduling along with combinations of ‘in-office’ and remote work are available.
- Strong background and expertise with C# development and Visual Studio.
- Developing object-oriented applications using .NET framework design patterns
- Experience with relational database design and SQL development
- Participating in Agile software development teams
- Ability to maintain and extend existing software products and to design, code & test newly developed code and applications
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written for collaborating with customers and producing deliverable documentation, reports and emails for management.
- Proven high level of productivity & professionalism
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Participates in internal design reviews.
- Lead day to day software integration efforts.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components.
- Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the development documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
- Participates in internal and/or external architecture reviews.
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- Participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator.
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirements change-assessment meetings.
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- May participate in process reviews.
- Provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, may contribute to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution for specific software systems.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience Web application development, C# and/or .NET
- 1+ years of experience in Object-Oriented Development using C++
- 1+ years of experience with Visual Studio
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with relational database concepts and the SQL language
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Currently possess a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience developing Micro Services
- 1+ years of experience web application architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or cloud based development
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of technical study in engineering or computer science, or equivalent experience.
This position does not offer relocation. Position can support partial or full-time remote/virtual office.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More