Mid-Level Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems SpecialistSt Louis, Missouri; Bellevue, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Adaptive & Federation Technologies team is currently seeking a Mid-Level Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems Specialist. This innovative team provides technical and project leadership in support of Identity and Access Management services for the Boeing Enterprise. Join our team and grow your knowledge in Software Development and Integration, Identity and Access Management, Single Sign-On (SSO), and Agile development best practices to provide first-time quality services to the Boeing enterprise. This position can be based in Bellevue, Washington; Kent, Washington or St. Louis, Missouri.
Partnering with your team mates you will be supporting our corporate Federation and Single Sign-on services. These services are based on Third-party partnerships, Commercial off-the shelf, Open Source products, and in-house developed software.
- Designing, building, and configuring new IAM services to support organizational compliance activities, business strategic goals/deliverables, and to strengthen Boeing overall data security controls
- Building relationships across various Boeing organizations, partnering with project teams to ensure our IAM deliverables meet business requirements
- Leading discussions with organizations seeking assistance in implementing SSO for external cloud environments
- Assisting project teams through quality assurance and Information Security compliance deliverables
- Troubleshooting complex system issues
- Ensuring software development procedures are updated with lessons learned
The ideal applicant will need the following to be successful:
- A desire to learning about Federated Identity and Federated Authentication concepts
- Collaborate well in a team environment
- Possess a self-starter mentality and is self-driven with minimal guidance as well as an integral team member
- A continuous improvement attitude with a drive to outperform status quo
- Excited to develop technical expertise to advise on computing products and methods to achieve data protection and system security objectives
- Ready to learn how to create integrated designs for systems and/or components while assessing new technologies to align with security/data protection strategies
- Be prepared to learn how to develop test plans such as functional, integration and usability
- Eager to learn about federation protocols (e.g. SAML, OAuth/OIDC, etc.) and how to troubleshoot using Splunk
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Possess a Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
- 1+ years of experience working in UNIX or LINUX and Windows environments
- 1+ years of experience leading, managing or working within an Agile application development team
- 1+ years of experience in with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc.) and agile project management tools (JIRA, TFS, VersionOne, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience do you have in scripting and programming (bash, shell, PERL, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with COTS Integration in a Linux or Windows environment
- Federated Identity and Federated Single Sign On
- A general understanding of Change Management and Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Experience testing systems to ensure that components function according to test plans and are ready for deployment
- Understanding of how to document information such as configuration, installation and user guides
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More