Quality EngineerSt Louis, Missouri
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to support the F/A-18 Program in St. Louis, MO.
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions or making recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
This position requires an active Secret security clearance
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a Physical Science
- Experience in root cause analysis and Corrective action
- Experience analyzing data and generating metrics reports
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience applying audit standards, procedures and techniques
- Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar QMS standard
- Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More