Senior Cloud Security SpecialistSt Louis, Missouri; Bellevue, Washington; Kent, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Security Specialist to join the Information Security team. This individual will serve as a thought leader and cloud security expert for Boeing IT. In this role you will provide technical leadership direction to secure Enterprise Cloud solutions and help securely design cloud infrastructure and applications to keep Boeing data protected. This position can be based in Bellevue, Washington; Kent Washington or St. Louis, Missouri.
A successful candidate will understand IT system thinking and solution architecture with a primary focus on security technologies across a number of domains. This individual will also have a deep understanding of cloud development, architecture, and technologies across all major public service providers.
- Work cross functionally with enterprise IT and security teams to lead the identification and design of security solutions needed to protect cloud infrastructure and overall computing environment that involves various cloud-based applications and services
- Lead Information Security in overall security solutions architecture and integration for cloud
- Lead the identification of threats and appropriate remediation for cloud enterprise systems
- Provide leadership oversight for technical security of enterprise cloud security programs, projects, and solutions
- Work with enterprise IT and security program managers to communicate with leadership on status of all enterprise security programs, projects, and solutions
- Define and drive overall cloud security strategy in alignment with both overall Information Security strategy and enterprise cloud strategy (including defining and maintaining integrated cloud security toolset roadmap to drive automation of security controls in an agile, CI/CD-focused environment)
- Provide feedback on new and existing security policies as they apply to cloud
- Review and approve cloud security architecture standards and change requests
- Work closely with major cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure) to maintain a deep technical understanding of services offered
- Mentor and drive skill development within cloud security SME community
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of information security threats and vulnerabilities
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 4+ years of work related experience in Cybersecurity
- 5+ years of experience leading teams in a formal and /or informal leadership role
- Experience with AWS, C2S, or other cloud environments
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with threat based system modeling, design, & identification
- Experience working with external suppliers in cross functional teams to identify security vulnerabilities and drive remediation
- Knowledge of DFARS, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53/171, and CIS Benchmarks
- Experience in hands on CI/CD based development and CI/CD Toolsets (Chef, Git, Jenkins) in a cloud environment
- Experience in scripting skills (Python, Powershell, Ansible)
- Experience in hands on development with native cloud services across all major public service providers (e.g. AWS EC2, RDS, Lambda, AWS CLI, S3, Azure Key Vault, Azure Security Center, Azure Active Directory, GCP Cloud Logging, GCP KMS)
- Experience in working with containers and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Experience in working with & implementing Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs) & Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) systems
- Strong written and oral communication
- High attention to detail
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for first shift
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More