Senior Cybersecurity Network Design Specialist
St Louis, Missouri; Bellevue, Washington
On our cyber teams, you’ll work with leading-edge technology developing solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. While building the future with Boeing, you’ll also help protect it.
of the time
What does it take?
What makes a successful Cybersecurity employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Quick thinking
“ At Boeing, cybersecurity is integral to everything we do and addressed at every stage of system development. I am fortunate to collaborate with talented individuals across different departments to ensure the security of our products. Having served in the military, I am proud to continue to support our troops by ensuring their mission needs are met. ”Jason Shelton Cybersecurity Engineer (Developmental Center), Cyber Test and Evaluation Lead
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Cybersecurity Network Design Specialist
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a senior Cybersecurity Design Specialist to join our Information Security team in Bellevue, WA or Saint Louis, MO.
This is an opportunity to work with a diverse team of cybersecurity specialists with expertise in many areas and leading them to ensure Personal Identification data is kept secure. The selected candidate will have opportunities for exposure to leading industry experts and influence the design and integration of enterprise security networks and Internet technical controls for multiple products or projects for the IT security enclaves, internal network boundaries, off network systems and cloud architecture.
• Leads secure network design and understanding of security requirements of high availability PII environments. Must have the ability to develop and understand detailed threat models.
• Leads the documenting of network security requirements, developing design packages that include firewall rules.
• Leads the effort on analyzing network data-flows to create packet filtering firewall rules supporting application requirements.
• Leads threat modeling of network designs to analyze designs for business impact & risk. Identifying security risks and the compensating controls to mitigate them.
• Leads the development or definition of security product architectures, specifications and intrusion detection and data loss techniques.
• Participates on design review boards, develops and manages secure network design compliance and governance activities.
• Leads and develops the creation of scope and standards for network security monitoring of network devices, host-based systems and cloud solutions.
• Gather and interpret IT security requirements from business partners, computing architects, delivery systems analysts, developers and suppliers.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- 5 plus years’ experience in networking design/operations is required
- 1 plus years’ experience designing security solutions on Cloud services
- Experience with critical thinking and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Network protection skills are required
- Technical Bachelor’s degree is highly desired.
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and 14 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Relocation assistance is provided for eligible candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 5
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.