Senior Information Technology Project Manager SpecialistSt Louis, Missouri; Kent, Washington; Mesa, Arizona; Charleston, South Carolina
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Develops and manages multiple, complex information technology (IT) project plans and deliverables. Provides input to determine complex project scope, schedule and budget baselines based on an understanding of the system development lifecycle. Negotiates changes to project baselines. Conducts design reviews. Manages the incorporation of quality management systems for IT projects. Monitors project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality standards. Identifies and negotiates for necessary resources to meet project goals. Develops and executes project communication plans. Leads activities to identify project risks and develop mitigation plans. Identifies need for vendor-provided products and services. Coordinates and oversees supplier activities
- Conducts design reviews. Manages the incorporation of quality management systems for IT projects.
- Monitors project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Identifies and negotiates for necessary resources to meet project goals.
- Develops and executes project communication plans.
- Leads activities to identify project risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Identifies need for vendor-provided products and services.
- Coordinates and oversees supplier activities
- Establishing and managing project budgets and resource plans that are over $2 million dollars.
- Anticipate risks, drive contingency planning, and resolve roadblocks.
- Identify and establish action plans needed to capitalize on project opportunities to deliver project ahead of schedule and with lower cost.
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Minimum 5+ years’ experience leading virtual cross-functional teams and utilizing project management best practices to effectively manage the implementation of complex information systems with system integration through the entire Systems Development Lifecycle with quality and on or ahead of schedule / budget.
1+ years' experience managing complex data migration projects
Proficient leading and establishing complex integrated Project Schedules using MS Project. Proficient in MS Project
Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills and communication / relationship building skills.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Bachelor's Degree required, in Computer Science or related field
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Educations / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.)
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.