Senior Manufacturing ManagerSt Louis, Missouri
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you will learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Senior Manufacturing Manager to join the team located in Saint Louis, MO.
- Manages employees and first-level managers performing activities within multiple manufacturing disciplines.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current Bachelor’s degree or within the next 6 month
- This position will be on 2nd shift. Weekend support as part of a rotation plan is expected.
- 3+ years of experience with process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience with overseeing responsibilities and tasks performed by various Operations department/disciplines (e.g., Fabrication, Assembly, Tooling, Quality).
- Program start up experience
- Theory of constraints experience
- 3+ years of experience with assembly and structures manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience managing a Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU) / hourly union-represented workforce
- Experience in a managerial role within Aerospace manufacturing
- Experience developing project execution plans, schedules and budgets
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
This position is for 2nd Shift.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More