Software Engineer – Entry Level
St Louis, Missouri
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Engineer – Entry Level
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is currently seeking Entry Level Software Engineers for roles in St. Louis, MO. At Boeing, our software engineers use their expertise to dream up next generation software capabilities for some amazing aerospace platforms. Join us and you will have the unique opportunity to develop real-time embedded software for the most sophisticated military aircraft in the world.
We have multiple openings in BDS for St. Louis and surrounding regions to support our aircraft, weapons, and engineering capabilities. These include the following:
- MQ-25 - the new autonomous tanker for the Navy
- T-7A – the next generation trainer for the Air Force
- F/A-18, EA-18G, F-15, F-22 – existing tactical fighter aircraft still in development with ongoing major upgrades
- JDAM, SLAM-ER, Harpoon – fielded weapons systems designed and manufactured at our St. Charles facility
- Engineering Capability Centers – specialized engineering for Platform Cybersecurity, Product Security, Flight Simulation, Radar Development, and Advanced Mission Systems. These Capability Centers support all programs.
Qualified Candidates may have an opportunity to choose a specific assignment. If selected for an interview, a candidate may specify preferred areas of interest.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Key responsibilities could include:
- Software Algorithm Development using advance Machine Learning techniques
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, MatLab, Ada, or Linux
- Working with customers and other engineers to define requirements, such as understanding and agreeing upon the function of the software system
- Architecting and designing software to meet current and future requirements
- Implementing and testing software using a variety of technologies and software languages
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain US Security clearance (Post-Start).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Ability to obtain US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher prior to June 2020
- An active U.S. Security Clearance
- 1+ years of experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, MatLab, or Linux
- 1+ years of experience with real-time embedded software development
- Knowledge of the Agile software development framework
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience)
- Bachelor degree by June 2020
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 1
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.