Structural Analysis EngineerSt Louis, Missouri
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking Systems Engineers to support their various programs such as Strike, Surveillance and Mobility, Autonomous Systems, Phantom Works , F-15, F/A-18, 777X, Missile and Weapons, Phantom Works R&D and others.
These positions are located in St. Louis, MO.
- Performs basic structural analysis using well defined analysis tools to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements.
- Works under general supervision.
- Performs basic structural analysis to determine structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical techniques and Boeing tools, to support drawing release and limited support to the Manufacturing Review Board process.
- Develops complex structural math models and performs analysis, using finite element methods, to develop internal loads and stresses in order to verify structural integrity.
- Performs basic structural analysis to support response to customer inquiries, service bulletin development, failure investigation and regulatory agency coordination.
- Performs structural analysis to support trade studies and configuration development.
- Creates strength check notes to document analysis. Provides inputs to formal documentation, to show compliance with Boeing, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and supports in-house software to enable efficient performance of engineering tasks.
- Assists in the research and preparation of data, to support definition of structural design requirements.
- Researches new technology applications, new product designs and structural life enhancement concepts, to support product improvement.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Two (2) or more years' experience in structural analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Experience with PATRAN/NASTRAN
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More