St Louis, Missouri
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems. We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and Business Intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries including, multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Position Title and Level: Systems Engineer, Associate
Req ID#: 00000124363
Working Location: Maryland Heights, MO
The applicant will be part of a team responsible for the successful definition, development, and integration of the JMPS Mission Planning Environment for the F-15 aircraft. They will be responsible for effective coordination with all stakeholders including the US Government, Aircrew software users, F-15 Mission Systems, as well Developmental and Operational Test Agencies. The applicant should be able to understand tactical aircraft systems and how JMPS may need to support those systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex software system of systems.
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Perform analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Perform analyses for reliability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develop, maintain and identify improvements to the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of software requirements, tools, risks, and issues.
- Develop the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Aid in the resolution of cross-functional technical issues.
- Compiles and assesses user needs through direct and indirect means (e.g., interviews, documents, research and field observations) to determine the current state of operations and potential solutions for desired capabilities.
- Closely coordinates with F-15 Mission Systems, Government Agencies, and other stakeholders to evaluate aircraft systems and define supporting JMPS systems requirements.
- Evaluates, designs and validates (as part of a team) the F-15 Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Mission Planning Environment.
- Defines the operational envelope and analyzes the cost and performance of potential solutions for desired capabilities across that envelope.
- Reports, through various forums, to user community options, alternatives, level of technical feasibility and the current state of technology required to achieve the desired capability to acquire potential business.
- Assists in the identification of risks.
- Performs risk analysis, cost analysis and business case assessment of emerging requirements and technologies.
- Participates in Trade Studies by defining scope, developing methodology, identifying success criteria including appropriate weighting factors, and identifying needed models/tools, including the development of cost models and support to the process of developing cost performance models and best value analysis, as required.
- Conducts trade study analysis and validates results.
- Prepares trade study results package for review.
- Identifies opportunities for evolutionary or revolutionary product concepts by predicting future customer requirements through operations analyses and development of high level models associated with operational scenarios when required.
- Recommends design improvements to prevent product deficiencies and shortcomings and to meet and exceed required mission performance.
- Assembles and consolidates operational scenarios, user needs and other input data packages from multiple sources.
- Reviews operational basis for requirements analysis and identifies gaps and deficiencies in data and tools.
- Configures and, as necessary to suit the application, adapts or modifies the tools, models and simulation facilities needed to perform requirements analysis and validation.
- Leads the production and verification of simulation and analysis results and performs traceability and compliance reviews and crosswalks with stakeholder teams.
- Consolidates and publishes study results and briefings.
- Makes recommendations on design requirements to overcome potential product deficiencies and shortcomings to meet performance and effectiveness goals.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced personnel.
- Represents the Enterprise at User Groups and Conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience, Master's degree with experience or PhD degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Experience managing engineering requirements
- An understanding of Aircraft Systems, Avionics, and Operations is desired.
- Defense industry is desired.
- Engineering analysis background is desired.
- Hands on Experience with JMPS Mission Planning Software is desired
- Expertise with JAMA requirements management is desired.
- Familiarity with model-based engineering, UML, sysML or similar methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with Software Development process is a plus
- Prior Software Integration experience is a plus
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6K8CI2 (645) - Systems Engineer 2 (Systems Engineering Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.