Systems Engineer Entry Level
St Louis, Missouri
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineer Entry Level
The Boeing Company is seeking Entry-Level Systems Engineering Engineers to support multiple programs in the St. Louis MO area.
This unique role requires an understanding of engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements into a contractually sound technical baseline.
- Must be enthusiastic and hands on in their approach and possess excellent organizational, leadership and written and verbal communication skills.
•Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with several types of engineering disciplines to execute tasks on-quality and on-time.
Some domestic and international travel may be required to support customer meetings on a short-time basis.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer and /operational needs to help define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Coordinates various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Determines whether requirements can be met with existing capabilities/designs or if new design requirements must be developed.
- Provides technical coordination between external customer’s engineers, industry engineers and internal engineering groups to articulate technical issues.
- Prepares and presents technical information that addresses specific subjects of interest.
- Works within a multi-disciplined engineering group to ensure customer contractual requirements are met.
- Delivers status updates to customer.
- Advocates the customer’s critical needs to internal stakeholders.
- Analyzes and develops recommendations to resolve contractual technical issues at product delivery.
- Works under supervision of senior Systems Engineering Engineer.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry by June 2019
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience collaborating in a team environment
- Doors or Rhapsody experience
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time BDS Engineering Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company