Systems Engineering Engineer Junior Level
St Louis, Missouri
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineering Engineer Junior Level
Boeing Defense Space and Security Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization is growing and seeking Systems Engineers Junior Level to support current program execution on multiple exciting military aircraft development programs in St. Louis (STL), Missouri. Those programs include the F/A-18, F-15, T-X, MQ-25, and other cutting edge programs.
We are looking for experienced systems engineers who are excited to be part of a dynamic team designing the future of military aviation technology. You will apply your knowledge of engineering concepts and techniques, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and enthusiasm in collaborating within the SEIT and across functional teams to achieve program and business requirements, objectives and goals.
You will coordinate across a variety of integrated product teams to ensure disciplined application of engineering processes and technology while supporting traditional systems engineering tasks in an active, fast-paced technology development environment.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Perform analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Perform analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Support the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualification (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelors degree or higher in engineering classification
- Experience with in the discipline of systems engineering
- Experience with requirements management
- Experience multi-tasking and working in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience )
- Development in a standard tool set (Doors, Vitech CORE, CAMEO Magic-Draw, etc.)
- Experience in managing program risks and associated risk-reduction activities
- Experience with military or civil aviation technology
- Experience with requirements validation and verification
- Experience with trade study and/or systems analysis
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time BDS Engineering Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company