Tooling MechanicSt Louis, Missouri
Tooling Mechanic encompasses all of the duties of the following job classifications: Inspector Metrology, Inspector Tool & Die, Tool & Die Maker, Machinist All Around, Builder Mock-up and Tooling, Machinist General, Welder Tooling, Heat Treater Tool Room.
Individual job duties may include:
- Design, install, operate, and maintain tools and engineering test and production parts and equipment in collaboration with mechanical design, industrial engineering and production operations.
- Partner with design to modify and fabricate tools and parts and build production tooling. Periodically inspect tools for repair.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain all documentation related to design, fabrication, and manufacturing of engineering test and production tooling and equipment and associated calibration test and equipment.
- Perform all necessary bench and machine operations to build new and replacement parts for precision-built tools and machine parts.
- Weld various metals by means of arc, acetylene, heli-arc welding, silver soldering, brazing as shown on drawings, sketches, blueprints, or as required.
- Heat and shape details of various metals for independent use or for later location on fixtures.
- Repair by heating, brazing, welding or soldering metal dies, formblocks, etc., of stainless steel, cast iron, and other various alloys.
- Operate heat-treating equipment to accomplish processes such as hardening, annealing, normalizing, carburizing, tempering, and case hardening of tools, tool parts, and production parts.
- Determine methods according to composition of materials, time and heating medium, shape, size, and thickness; determine method of placing in high temperature furnaces and baths to minimize warp age, distortion and damage.
- Machine complex aircraft parts.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements)
- Minimum 1 year of experience with tooling fabrication
- Associate’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience programming and operating a 5-axis machines
- Aerospace tool fabrication
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
New Hires, as well as employees who transfer from non-union positions, may be required to attend some type of training upon their start. Once any required training has been completed all new employees will be considered on probation for a period of forty (40) working days. Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of any required training and the probationary period.
Candidates must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
High school graduate or GED preferred.
Prefer a minimum of two (2) or more years of related work experience.
Preferred related trade school or apprenticeship program completion
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More