Experienced Wire Design and Install Engr (Electrical/Electronic Installation Design)Titusville, Florida
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Space and Launch, In-Space Vehicles is searching for a Experienced Wire Design and Installation Engineer to support XSP Program. This position leads the wire harness technical design team. This position is located at Kennedy Space Center in FL.
- Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs. Analyzes results and performs design reviews.
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Develops basic statements of work.
- Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design.
- Works under general direction.
- Responsible for Electronic unit placement and general arrangement.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's or higher in engineering
- Experience working with UGNX CAD tool
- Experience designing or supporting electrical wire harness installations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's or higher in Electrical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 or more years of wire Harness or related experience
- Aircraft or spacecraft experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Familiarity with wire harness design and electronic unit placement for aerospace applications a plus. Unigraphics NX CAD experience desired.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More