Senior Mechanical Design EngineerTitusville, Florida
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Level 5) for the Design Center South, which is a multi-function Engineering Organization with a mission statement to provide engineering solutions via a highly skilled flexible workforce and cutting edge technologies for the advancement of the Boeing Enterprise. The Design Center provides engineering support to Enterprise wide projects/programs and is a flexible team that strategically adapts to emerging opportunities. The initial assignment will be in support of the eXperimental Space Plane (XSP) program at Kennedy Space Center in Florida as technical lead over mechanical Ground System development.
- Leads and provides technical quality review of the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid systems and thermal environment to establish the system design.
- Leads activities to validate and verify structural, mechanical and fluid systems requirements.
- Leads the development, maintenance or modification of system components' designs/proposals to provide installation and detail documentation. Performs and documents analyses.
- Manages supplier development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals.
- Prioritizes, delegates and tracks performance and documentation of analyses of ground systems required for launch vehicles (launch stand, umbilical mechanisms, fuel servicing, pneumatic systems and transportation) selecting appropriate methods to validate or assess the design. Supports proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
- Trains and coaches others.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Qualifications):
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
- Experience with launch vehicle ground systems development.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with supplier management.
- Strong communication and customer relations skills.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More