Senior Rocket Propulsion EngineerTitusville, Florida
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Flight Engineering Capability is is seeking a Rocket Propulsion Engineer for the XSP integration team at the Kennedy Space Center. This individual will work for the BDS Flight Capability’s Rocket Propulsion Sub-Capability and the XSP integration IPT manager.
Boeing is designing, building and testing an experimental spaceplane, called Phantom Express, in collaboration with DARPA. The spaceplane—called Phantom Express—would reinvent space missions for commercial and government customers by providing rapid, aircraft-like access to space. Within minutes, the autonomous, reusable spaceplane would launch its upper stage to deploy small satellites into low Earth orbit. It would then land on a runway to be prepared for its next flight.
- Shapes strategy and policy at an organizational level on all aspects of propulsion system, auxiliary power system and fuel system design, integration, testing and certification.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Leads multidisciplinary, multi-program or multi-system integration efforts to support propulsion design definition certification and validation.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies.
- Provides consultation across the business unit with regard to propulsion integration.
- Identifies the need for new tools and processes.
- Works under consultative direction.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is considered safety-sensitive as defined by NASA Federal Acquisition Regulation and is subject to additional drug and alcohol program requirements such as random testing.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
- Experience with propulsion system design principles, processes, and tools for aerospace vehicles and their components, including company and industry standards and practices.
- Experience with propulsion system components, interfaces and their design/integration variables, within aerospace vehicles.
- Ability to interface with engine and component suppliers.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Model Based Definition.
- NX CAD and Teamcenter PDM skills.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More