XSP Mass Properties Engineer LeadTitusville, Florida
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Come join Phantom Works Division in Titusville, Florida and the unique opportunity to work on the Phantom Express. At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety of amazing aerospace platforms and products. In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team of technical designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation Aircraft.
In support of the Program, we are currently seeking Mass Properties Engineer (Level 4) to join the team. This position requires proficiency in the mass properties discipline and knowledge of mass properties analysis for fixed wing aircraft as well as spacecraft and re-entry vehicles.
- The candidate will estimate, calculate and measure/verify mass, center of gravity, and inertias of components, assemblies and completed vehicles or systems.
- Other responsibilities will be to develop and maintain weight, balance and mass properties accounting systems and generate required weight and balance reports, support and develop mass properties processes and tools, and provide visibility of mass properties information to integrated product teams and management.
- The position requires gathering internal and external customer requirements and developing innovative solutions for mass properties analysis.
- Maintain detailed Mass Properties database.
- Brief customer and program management on status.
- Interface with design teams on potential weight opportunities, lead trade studies, perform detail part analysis, perform actual weighing operations and reconciliation with database.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently are required.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience in Mass Properties engineering, Master's degree with 7 or more years' experience in Mass Properties engineering. Degree can be in Aerodynamics, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Models is a plus.
- Background with Mass Properties of Space Vehicles is a plus.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More